A house is a collection of rooms, designed and beautified, depending upon the taste, preferences, and usage of individuals. Designing is more of a skillful art that might need professional guidance. However, bedecking is all about individuality, creativity, and imagination. Matters like building the right walls, selecting apt wall colors, and introducing wall textures are more on the technical side and can be taken care of by the designers. But how to assemble the overall look, the smaller details that can have a major impact like furnishings, décor, and bedding options is in one’s hand. Having a vision in mind and experimenting with creativity in terms of the color of the bed sheet, the kind of rug to be put up, which curtains to buy, the kind of clocks to be placed, and where can add new meaning and definition to space. These aspects add a personalized and warm touch to commonly ignored corners.
The Bed and Bedding Options
Bed Sheets are a part and parcel of every household and have been one of those articles that people struggle the most in choosing. Any discussion about interior spaces and décor is incomplete without focusing on bed sheets and bedcover trends, for they form an intrinsic part of embellishing rooms and bedrooms. These might appear to be just another large piece of fabric to some but in essence, serves crucial purposes. Bed sheets protect mattresses from all sorts of dust, give the user a comfortable feel while sleeping, protect from falling prey to allergies, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. You can add a bed reef aquarium with led aquarium light also with your bed as having an aquarium in your house has health benefits too.
Some of them are :
1. Reduced levels of stress
2. Improvements in sleep quality
3. Lowered blood pressure and heart rate
4. Decreased pain and anxiety
5. Improved focus and creativity
- Classic Cotton Bed Sheets – Just how it is believed, ‘Old is Gold’, nothing matches the durability, feel, and benefits of an evergreen cotton thread bed sheet. Pick any from solid colors or a printed, patterned piece for an ultra-relaxing sleep experience. These cotton bed sheets are soft, easy to use, comparatively cheaper, and are healthy to sleep on. Additionally, they are widely available across all online and offline platforms.
- Ikat or Hand-Block Printed Bed Sheets – Comparatively a bit thicker fabric than regular cotton, these Ikat or Hand-Block printed bed sheets are a common sight across Indian households. These are printed in darker colors and have larger motifs across floral, geometrical shapes, birds, and other themes inspired by ancient rural and folk environments.
- Scandinavian Patterned Bed Sheets – If the idea is to not go too loud nor very dull, these patterned bed sheets can come in handy. Often found in neutral and softer tones, they add a touch of elegance and minimalism to the room, enhancing the space and the depth. Pair them with a couple of printed cushions to push the look a notch higher.
- Boho Bedding Options – The whole world is mesmerized with the crazy bohemian theme today. Be it shoes, clothing, bags, table covers, or anything else, boho prints are a rage. And fortunately, bed sheets are no different. To give that carefree fresh breath of air, trying this pattern at least once is a must. These can be played along with some knitted cushions, throw pillows, and quirky accessories around the room. The beautiful mandala patterns on the bed sheets are sure to mesmerize and drive a dreamy affect on the mind.
With changing times and evolving sense of style, bed sheets are transforming into bedding solutions. It’s not just about one sheet and two pillows. But has become inclusive with day pillows, night pillows, bed covers, duvets, comforters, and much more. Since the bedroom is the most personal space; getting the mood, setting, and vibe right is imperative. Do try out these new trends for a fresh take!