This therapy significantly increases the healing process and is used to cure shoulder pain caused by rotator cuff tears, Achilles tendon ruptures, soft tissue injuries, chronic tendinosis like tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow. Apart from treating pain, Doctors also use PRP injections to treat hair loss due to male or female pattern baldness. Likelihood of Platelet-rich
Plasma therapy to treat wrinkles is also found in some cases. Usually, it may take up to 6 months for the treatment done on hair and skin to show full effects, while in some conditions, you may need to repeat the procedure.
Things You Must Know About Platelet-rich Plasma Therapy
1. This is a regenerative medicine that portrays the ability to amplify the healing process in your body by triggering the natural growth process.
2. In this therapy, the patient’s blood is drawn, and its platelets are used to heal the patient’s body injury.
3. Also called PRP injections, they are guided into the body by using ultrasound imaging. The ultrasound images make sure that the plasma goes to the correct location. Doctors numb the area to be treated, and the PRP shot is injected into the body using a needle.
The Desirability Of The Therapy
1. These injections help in the reduction of taking anti-inflammatory medicines.
2. These shots are made from the patient’s blood; thus, these will have no side effects on the body. The body will not reject them or react unusually.
After reading about the strong points of PRP shots, if you would like to try the Platelet-rich Plasma therapy, you can try Spokane Spine Team wa.
Do’s Before The Procedure
1. You need to stop taking medications for your blood.
2. You can’t take supplements and vitamins like omega 3 fatty acids.
3. You cannot wash the treated area for 48 hours.
Tips To Improve PRP Results
1. Exercise: The body has higher levels of RBC and PRP, including the turbocharged immune system, which gives you lots of stamina and greater energy levels. Thus, it’s advisable to exercise daily and make the most of this a win-win situation.
2. Dietary changes: Changes in dietary habits after PRP therapy are the most challenging part. For long-term health benefits, introduce greens and cut down on sugar-based foods, fatty and oily foods. You will achieve better circulation, increased immunity, lower cholesterol levels, all beneficial for PRP therapy.
3. Don’t smoke, drink or do Drugs: Smoking mainly affects the outcomes of PRP therapy. Not only will it reduce the volume of PRP, but the toxins in cigarettes will impede the ability of stem cells to function.
4. Increase intake of Vitamin B and Hydrate: By increasing Vitamin B12 and staying hydrated, you increase the RBC in the blood. For vegans, it is mainly essential to take a supplement of Vitamin B12 because it is found primarily in animal-based foods.
5. Avoid Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory drugs: Don’t take Aspirin, Motrin, or other Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs before and after the procedure for upto 5 days. They inhibit the stem cells’ natural inflammatory response.
6. Follow routine after the procedure: The doctor will share the best routine you need to follow to get the best result. You have to wash the area regularly where the doctor has done the process. Sometimes when you undergo face treatment, you may be asked to avoid the sun. It all depends on the place of the procedure and your body’s endurance.
Read This Also: Everything Know About VisiClear With Explantions
Limitations To Getting This Therapy
1. Low platelet count or some abnormality related to it
4. Any infection
Wrapping It Up
Lately, we have found wide use of Platelet-rich Plasma therapy to treat diseases related to orthopedic injuries and cosmetic surgeries. For any queries associated with PRP therapy, you can contact the Spokane Spine Team and get the treatment done.